1/2 T baby wash
1 T grapeseed oil
6 oz water
container with lid
- Mix the baby wash, grapeseed oil and water together. It will sud slightly, much like a bottle you can buy in stores.
- Place cotton rounds in container and slowly pour the mixture on top of the cotton rounds and let it absorb through the stack.
- Make batches of about 20 at a time. This allows the eye makeup remover to penetrate all the cotton rounds and keeps them fresh.
- Store the eye makeup remover pads tightly closed.
- For efficient, fast removal follow my use guide here, How to Remove Eye Makeup.
A note about my take on DIY beauty recipes.
I love simple recipes, DIY beauty and minimal chemical ingredients. However I also love convenience and haven't made a switch to living all organic and eco harmoniously just yet. I do my part at respecting the earth. Equally as important is my goal at buying things intentionally. I read labels, I educate myself on what those big words are and do for a gal and I strive to purchase minimally processed and chemically packed products.
Additionally all eyes are not created equal and all though this is made up of gentle ingredients it may not be for everyone. I have sensitive eyes and store bought formula's irritate mine and this homemade eye makeup remover works with no problem.