Monday, April 23, 2012

Crying, Teenage Mom, Decorating and Versatility.

My friend Courtney of  Courtney Cakes awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award.  Days later I received another award from College Girl.
On Amarie Beauty I typically don't talk much about my personal life.  I am working to build on online resource of realistic and workable tips as not only a lover of the Beauty Industry but someone with training and experience.  I don't want to clutter it up with all the craziness of my life.  I have a small attention span and random variety of interests, oh and staying on task is not my strong suit so I have to zero in a "subject" to get things accomplished on here.

Off line I am a major over sharer and these girls have prompted me to bring a piece of that online.  I love meeting new people, making connections and learning about who it is I am reading.  So without further ado the award asks for 7 random facts and here are mine...

1.  I am not a natural at being photographed, I usually look hysterical or mad like in the above, I am not mad or a huge snob like I look here.
2.  Clutter makes me crazy, it is borderline OCD, I have cried over messiness before.  I am happy to report that my grip on reality is currently tighter.
3.  Number 2 makes me live and love this decorating mantra.

4.  I follow number 3 of the above mantra loosely.  I kill plants and pets are not my thing but I do have bamboo, a semi healthy palm and kids all over the house, kids definitely count as living things.
5.  I became a mother in 1997 when I was 16, today her father and I are married with 2 more daughters.
6.  I was obese at one point, it was closely related to heavy wine drinking, untreated hypo-thryodism and a general lazy lifestyle.  See the progress photos here.
7.  I actively repurpose and restyle things in an effort to reduce, reuse and  be creative.  I abandon projects that get too in depth due to my serious slim attention span.   It's a personal flaw and I claim it as my favorite.

You know those fun little questions on the first pages of your magazines, the Editorial Q and A's where staffers answer a different question providing some insight to their personality?  I love them and am going to start that here.  I have a few Q's lined up but would love some more so please ask away about anything.  This feature starts on Sunday. 

Thank you for reading and all your support. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!
    It's awesome getting to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you shared so much about yourself! I understand your blog has a focus and you don't want to detract from that with personal life posts, but you ought to include them a little more often! I loved the insight into "the girl behind the blog". :o)

    BTW - My favorite part of this was finding out you were a young mom, too. And that your story has such a happy ending. :o) Kudos to you two for making it work at 16. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete