Monday, December 12, 2011

Tip Off Tuesday: DIY Towel Facial Steam

DIY Facial Steam

Steam your face like a pro.  It’s a simple free step you can do at home to achieve that fresh facial dewy glow.  Steam loosens makeup, dirt and oil while opening your pores making moisturizers and other treatments easily absorbed.  You don’t need a fancy steamer, just a hand towel and water.
  • roll the hand towel.
  • run it under hot water until wet
  • squeeze the excess water out, keeping it rolled to retain the heat
  • place on your face in the shape of ring leaving only your mouth free
  • let it sit for a minute
  • wipe your face clean with the towel as you remove it
  • finish with moisturizer
Give your face a quickie wash before you get started if you are wearing makeup or the steam’s power will be wasted breaking down the makeup.

Next week I am going to break down the basics of a facial that I learned while training to be an Esthetician and Makeup Artist and turn them into easy inexpensive DIY facial steps..

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog!!! I am planning on trying this tonight!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also glad you found me in the big blog world! I am new to the game but have lots of great stuff coming up!

    ReplyDelete