Of course your toes are not going to look as polished at home if you just whip out a quick polish change. There is a method to the pro magic. Follow these steps to get top notch results and save hundreds of dollars a year.
- Soak feet for about 5 minutes in a foot soak.
- Remove old polish.
- Clip, file and clean toe nails.
- Massage in foot scrub, rinse well in your soak tub.
- Treat any callus at this time, use a callus softener then file in a circular motion using a foot file or pumice stone. A product with Alpha Hydroxy Acid helps slough off the outer layer of dead skin making it a prime ingredient for callus softening. Salicylic acid is easily found in acne treatment gels, that is what I use with much success.
- Push back cuticles, then brush the nail bed with a wet nail brush.
- Apply lotion.
- Clean nails with polish remover, this removes the lotion from the nail to insure the polish will adhere for longest wear.
- Apply base coat,2 coats of color and a top coat. Wait one minute between coats.
- Allow polish to sit and spray with a quick dry spray (optional).
This is post 2 of the Summer Beauty Series. Read the intro and post 2, SPF for Lips.